Thursday, May 7, 2009

My behaviour, your behaviour

Lets talk about this common chinese idiom today : Xian Ku Hou Tian
Most, or should I say all Chinese knows this idiom, for those that don't,
Translation is 'Suffer First, Enjoy Behind'
Everyone will obviously choose to suffer first, rather than enjoy, or at least thats what I think.
Okay now let me say something I can assure is true for all of you.
No one 'Suffer First, Enjoy Behind' in school, most of us ' Enjoy first, Suffer Behind'
Example, studies. Maybe you choose to skip a day of school, and tell yourself to study later.
Ain't you enjoying first?
And then you miss out on a load of lessons.
Maybe halfway during class, your lecturer suddenly gives a suggestion to continue studying or go home and continue next lesson.
Most will say next week I guess, including me as well

No I'm not trying to say anything nor discriminate anyone,
I just find it interesting that most of us don't follow that 'Xian Ku Hou Tian policy'
Not forgeting about procrastination too, and I know you do love to procrastinate as well.
And finally not forgeting what we will always say after we get our results back :
'Next semester must work hard already, serious. I not gonna sleep in class or skip lessons. Must get high GPA.'
But in the end, we all know we love to 'defy' that.
What a life !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home